E&F Horster Heer Initial Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E&F Horster Heer Initial Production

I have been looking for this dagger for quite some time and finally found one at my first show of shows along with two other army’s I will be posting in the near future. This is an initial production Horster with the first type guard. The hilt is brass based with a killer crossguard and hand worked pommel. The blade is a tapered tang with the early large maker mark. Scabbard sports two dome head screws and some hand work as well. Very hard to find variation I found this dagger Thursday in a case with a bunch of other daggers piled up on top of it.

Last edited by Simon O.; 10-31-2013, 01:51 PM.

A very uncommon BEAUTY!! Very good Tom, Kevin.

Comment

Kevin thank you – Not an easy bird to find

Comment

Very Nice Tom.
        Say, didn't the earliest Horster's have a slant grip and were numbered ?

Also did you ever find a Aluminum Horster ?

-wagner-

Comment

Wags yes the earliest Horsters had a slant grip and a WKC 1st crossguard and were numbered. This dagger/crossguard I call the initial production with an in house made Horster crossguard. No I have never seen an aluminum hilt on a Horster. Allot of times people mistake the lightweight pot metal fittings for aluminum.

Comment

Tom:

You were like a kid in a candy store... I can still see the look of glee and amazement on your face Thursday evening.

Congratulations... this couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X