SS Dagger - Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger - Real or Fake?

I really need some opinions on this. There are things I like and things I don't, and since I don't own an SS dagger to compare to, I need the opinions of experts. What do you guys think about this? Hopefully these photos (provided by the seller) will suffice; they're more detailed than the photos I usually get

Thanks!
    Dzyner

This dagger is in horrible condition. The blade is almost eaten away.
    P& A stands for Piel and Ady, the casting firm of the fittings. I don't know by heart of these initials are the accepted genuine variant, nor for the blade mark. Let's here what others say.

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I believe the whole thing is a fake made to look 'ground found' or 'make any story of neglect you wish' just as long as buyer believes it's real.

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
        I believe the whole thing is a fake made to look 'ground found' or 'make any story of neglect you wish' just as long as buyer believes it's real.

-wagner-
        Are the cross guards fake as well?

Erich

Comment

Thanks guys. I did some research while waiting for some replies and found that all examples with this RZM mark have the "SS" and RZM logos reversed. In other words, I'm curious if the blade is even authentic. Plus, on this blade the markings read into the handle, whereas the other examples I found read away from the handle.

Regardless, I think I'm going to pass, even at the $750 the seller is asking. Since I've never purchased an SS dagger, much less a parts dagger (assuming that's what this is, a part piece), I assume $750 for a parts piece in this condition is still high?

Comment

Yes, 750 for a parts dagger in this shape is too high, with the questions to its aunthenticity already raised I wouldn't pay more than 300 for it. I also would not buy it...what an unappealing piece.
            Regards,
            Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X