Odd Gruppe mark location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Gruppe mark location

I just picked up this Henckels SA from the vet's nephew. It's absolutely filthy, just the way I like to find them. But what's really unusual is the Gruppe stamp location- you SA guys will know exactly what I mean. I found this earlier thread that has something similar and it's also a Henckels: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=ho+gau+mark

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Oh yeah, forgot the best part.

Attached Files

Comment

I have no problem with the location, less likely to damage the guard .

Comment

Such stamping location can be also found on daggers belonging to "Hochland" SA Group, which was in fact neighbour of "Bayr. Ostmark". Reason? Nobody knows for sure, but the theory in previous thread ("less likely to damage the guard") sounds very reasonable. I've seen few crossguards (SS with Roman "I" to be precise) having small crack just above the stamping.

Comment

Originally posted by RevYJ View Post
          Oh yeah, forgot the best part.

Nice partial Rohm henckels there Rev.

-wagner-

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of the Hochland anomaly and have plenty of examples. It seems to have been a distinguishing characteristic of early SA daggers from that Gruppe. But in 99.99999999% of other stampings it's centered on the crossguard. This dagger and the one in the thread I linked are the only two (non-HO) that I've ever seen. Has anyone noticed any others? Fear of weakening the crossguard doesn't make sense since why was it only a factor on these?

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X