just recieved my dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
    Hi David, the crossguards were always handfitted to the handle, I think this is what you are seeing.

Yes, it was hand fitted, and i think a hand fitted handle on a high leaders sa dagger should fit much much better.

I agree with David Fettes an tobau.

Thats just my personal opinion from collecting daggers for over 10 years. i have done a replacement of a grip in the past as i was 23 years old. now i am 32. it fitted better than this one and was my first and last replaced handle on a sa-dagger ever and not a work i do everyday. and not for a high leaders dagger in the period of the 3.reich!!!

sorry for my poor english i hope you guys understand what i mean.

greetings rieny
    Last edited by rieny; 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

My understanding was that SA & SS Damascus blades were not true Damascus, but actually drop forged first, and then the pattern acid etched into them. Where as say a Damascus Army or Luft blade were true Damascus pieces and made as the gentleman described earlier in this thread. Can someone clarify this for us ? Are these Political Damascus dagger blades, true Damascus all the way through ?

Comment

Carl Eickhorn was the sole manufacturer of the 1938 SA high leaders honour dagger that was fitted
        with a true Damascus steel blade. On most examples there is evidence of hand chasing to the
        oak leaf veins and accents.

Comment

Originally posted by rieny View Post
          Yes, it was hand fitted, and i think a hand fitted handle on a high leaders sa dagger should fit much much better.

I agree with David Fettes an tobau.

Thats just my personal opinion from collecting daggers for over 10 years. i have done a replacement of a grip in the past as i was 23 years old. now i am 32. it fitted better than this one and was my first and last replaced handle on a sa-dagger ever and not a work i do everyday. and not for a high leaders dagger in the period of the 3.reich!!!

sorry for my poor english i hope you guys understand what i mean.

greetings rieny
          Hello Rieny,

There are many Honor daggers out there that have a bad fit on the grip and crossguards, you can see them in all of the dagger books.

Comment

Yes thats right, there are a lot of fakes in books

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X