just recieved my dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David,

This is an original dagger. Go crawl back under your rock.

Cheers - Dutchdrummer.
    Last edited by dutchdrummer; 02-19-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

here are some new pics
      Attached Files

Comment

and more
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dutchdrummer View Post
          David,

This is an original dagger. Go crawl back under your rock.

Cheers - Dutchdrummer.
          Another personal attack, jeez some people.

Comment

and more pics
            i know this is original
            i bought it at a good price a good friend of mine who had taken it with him
            from reichtershofen also liked the dagger
            and he is an expert
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice dagger!

Comment

thanks rob

i see you also live in holland
                are you also a dagger guy?

gr richard

Comment

Thanks for posting. I like to see examples of the rare stuff. Kirby

Comment

Can we see a new photo of the back of the grip please. Does the scoring on the wood continue into the metalwork?

Comment

Originally posted by jitske View Post
                      thanks rob

i see you also live in holland
                      are you also a dagger guy?

gr richard
                      Hi Richard, I have a couple daggers in my collection. I will post some pics of my high leader for comparison

Comment

I remember seeing this on TJ's web-site. I think that the releathering and the balde condition are what made this seem to be 'cheap'. But, as we all know, TJ stands behind everything he sells.

I just think that, if he sprung for a professional photgrapher who showed his items off, he could probably raise his prices

John

Comment

That's better

Comment

Originally posted by JohnZ View Post
                            I remember seeing this on TJ's web-site. I think that the releathering and the balde condition are what made this seem to be 'cheap'. But, as we all know, TJ stands behind everything he sells.

I just think that, if he sprung for a professional photgrapher who showed his items off, he could probably raise his prices

John
                            Please don't give him anymore ideas

Comment

David,
                              I am sure your intentions are good however, your comments on the two threads I have seen you reply on are wrong. Making statements that are not correct for newer collectors is damaging to the hobby. For example, you said the dagger on this thread is fake, It is absolutely original. Please do your research before responding.
                              Best Wishes,
                              Bob
                              www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Bob, at no point in this thread have I said the dagger was fake, I did say I hoped it did not cost too much and could be a parts dagger. If it has come across as being called a fake then I apologise. There are things that are worrying me about this dagger, the grip, cross guards, blade and the scabbard but I will try and address them in more detail tomorrow. What has concerned me is the personal attacks by some members which is not called for.

As for research, yes I will admit that there is always something new to learn, as you say yourself on your website, there is no such thing as a know it all, but it does not hurt anyone to keep studying on a daily basis.

High Leaders daggers and honour daggers are quite rare and I am hoping that members who own them or have owned them will be able to discuss any queries I have without resorting to insults and abuse.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X