LAH SS Bayonet - Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH SS Bayonet - Real?

I have an opportunity to pick up this bayonet and wondered if any of you "experts" knew if this is the real McCoy? I haven't seen one like this myself.
    Thanks! Cody

low quality etch. Original bayonet, fake etch. This is known fake

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I will stay clear of this sucker. A known fake huh? The more I read on here the more I'm learning of all the fake stuff out there! Man you have to be careful with this third reich stuff! Thanks again!

Comment

Similar fake etches are mainly made on combat SG84/98 bayonets, here on dress KS98 is not so obvious, anyway the name of the unit is written in wrong form. best regards,Andy

Comment

Hi Cody - Agree with previous two gentlemen. How much is the person asking? Just curious. Is it being sold as an original etched bayonet?

Andy is correct, these spurious etches are most often encountered on SG84/98 bayonets. Origins 60's/70's UK, so says old timers. People still get fooled that do not use forums like this to vet these items.
          Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Too scary. When I see stuff like this at shows I just keep on walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
              these spurious etches are most often encountered on SG84/98 bayonets. Origins 60's/70's UK, so says old timers
              Liverpool to be precise.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X