added artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

added artwork

I was just wondering what the general concensus was on this piece and others in general do you think it is period done. does it make it more interesting or not. I like it if it was done in the feild but no if added later However since you cannot really tell does it hurt the value
    Ed
    Attached Files

If period done I think its interesting...I prefer mine in their original state though. I don't like engraved firearms either so this could just be me.

Comment

Ed,

It's interesting to look at but it's tough to gauge when such embellishment was done. With this in mind, I'd say such an engraving would only boost value if one could prove it was period done. Without such provenance, I'd say we must presume it was done postwar & that would only hurt value. Sorry, just MHO.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was just seeing how other people felt on this matter. I think some are neat. but tend to agrea with what i have heard so far.
        Thanks Ed

Comment

I think it is very cool and a striking image the person applied to the handle! Like to see closer shot to check out details! What does other side look like? Kevin.

Comment

I will get to look at it next Monday along with a ton of other stuff. I will try to get some pictures but this one is the only one they sent me.
            Ed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X