X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you think

I think the handle looks funny but I am far from an expert
    Attached Files

I agree grip looks odd, appears all of the scabbard finish is gone. More photos
    of the maker, etc would be helpful.

Comment

Knot looks Imperial, so it should not go with this RAD, IMO

Comment

I get to look at it in a week so, along with a bunch of other stuff. I will take some pics not really interested in it unless the price is right but I thought the handle look not right and I am always interested in an education
        thanks Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

That appears to me to be an authentic RAD EM Hewer with well worn half stag grips. The knot, as has been pointed out, is Imperial I believe. Scabbard is definitely well worn. Keep in mind that these were more a working tool than a dress item so many appear far more salty than the pristine daggers we so often run across. Some good photos will be helpful when they come available. Thanks for showing this piece.

Regards,
          Stu

Comment

Hello

The knot is imperial era for NCO.

Regards
            Alain

Comment

The grip is likely fine - keep in mind that these grip plates were made from a natural material (staghorn) and were subject to more variation in shape, thickness, etc.

There was no knot authorized for wear with the RAD hewers during the TR period. The knot was obviously added at some point but - as others have stated - it is an Imperial knot and should be valued as a separate item that could be removed and sold.

The conditon on this one is a bit rough and what demand there is for these generally trends toward examples in much better condition. Since you are "...not really interested in it", unless it is being offered at a give-away price (i.e. $250 - $300.00 or so), I would advise taking your money elsewhere.

Best,
              Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X