Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange bayonet- knife

Hello,
    Here strange bayo for your opinions. I never seen one like this..... Fake...fantasy piece.... need your help on this one.
    Thanks,
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It should be WWI German fighting knife. But the scabbard looks like the ones that you see on india repo pieces.

Comment

Could be a cut down bayonet perhaps? this was done on occasion.

Comment

IMHO, the fighting knife is original, don't know about the sheath.

Comment

Seems to me i recall that companys made private purchase knives like this that had lug locking attachments for the rifles . I have one thats painted black on all metal...othello i believe.

Comment

Definitely an Imperial/Weimar era fighting knife. Scabbard is odd, not sure if it's original to the piece or even original at all.

Comment

Hello

The knife is OK but the scabbard is a copy we can find on recent copy of german fighting knives and copy of knife bayonet DEMAG. The rivets and the leather are different on original scabbards.
                  Regards
                  Alain
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here´s a similar one for comparison ... made by the company August Müller in Solingen, which used the trademark BISMARCK
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jwh44 View Post
                      Hello

The knife is OK but the scabbard is a copy we can find on recent copy of german fighting knives and copy of knife bayonet DEMAG. The rivets and the leather are different on original scabbards.
                      Regards
                      Alain
                      Agree !

Andrei´s knife is an original, private prurchased, trench knife.

Such knive´s were also worn in the Reichswehr and were manufactured up to the 30ie´s.

Rgds.,

R.

Comment

Here is another similar example without the bayonette slot. Made by Anton Wingen with horn grips.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
                          Here is another similar example without the bayonette slot. Made by Anton Wingen with horn grips.
                          Great knife !

I also own a Wingen-knife, but with staghorn grips and also with this strange Moor-head, ("Othello"), marked upon the blade.

The difference: The Moor-head is marked alongside the name of the maker in the middle of the blade, not near the crossguard, like shown at your knife !

Is the Moor-head upon the blade of your knife stamped, or etched ?

Comment

It appears to be etched.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
                              It appears to be etched.
                              Thx., like the "Othello" on the blade of my Wingen-knife.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X