SS dagger on ebay? What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS dagger on ebay? What is this?

Maybe it's just that I'm not educated enough in German knives/daggers but what in the world is this and why is it up to $510? Is this real or some fantasy thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-German-SS-D...item2eb313416c

Mike

Never seen one of those before,looks like a pile of junk!!?

Comment

Dunno but I find it odd that the words "steel & germany" are stamped on the blade if it is an SS blade. Otto Skorzeny's pre Rambo, Rambo knife?

Comment

It looks old....but its nothing I have ever seen before.

Comment

1245SS Krupp is the steel designation. It is a stain resistant steel still used for surgical instruments etc. It has nothing to do with THE SS.
          It looks like a very well made knife, maybe a prototype made for export.
          The eagle however looks like a spurious addition.

Comment

The fact the blade mentioned Krupp reminds me of the so-called Fuhrer Fabrik fantasy pieces that pop up on Eban from time to time. I think whatever this thing is, it's not from the NS zeit. Bidding's up over $500 now, maybe a shill or two at work?

Comment

I think that's the special suicide SS dagger. Note the hollow handle for stashing the poison pills.
              Anyway that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!
              Jim

Comment

"100% original - guaranteed."

Comment

You guys should get a kick out of my "unsuspecting buyer" acting & the response I got:

To: reddan11
                  Subject: Details about item: lichty07 sent a message about WWII German SS Dagger Knife #200572879212
                  Sent Date: 10-févr.-11 04:51:58 Paris

Dear reddan11,

Care to explain what type of SS dagger this is?

And do you have any pictures with this knife EVER being used in WWII?

- lichty07

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear lichty07,

Hi, I never seen a dagger like this. I think is some very very rare commando SS knife or before WWII
                  regards

- reddan11

Comment

C'mon guys, don't you recognize this genuine piece of history? It's a super secret honor dagger for the hush hush SS SCUBA detachment. Himmler had to equip this group out of his own pocket because Adolf couldn't swim.

They were wiped out to the last man by the Soviet Amazon Brigade in the battle of the Big Littlehorn. All their daggers were scooped up by the avenging Amazons and thrown at the feet of Stalin during their victory pole dance in the middle of Red Square.

Most were subsequently melted down to make tractor wheels so it's very rare to still see one.

Comment

Wow RevYJ, you certainly have a creative imagination! Now only if I could see an auction on ebay that actually used that description! I am certainly afraid to see the victory pole dance. Is that what a stripper does when she learns she doesn't have an STD?

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X