Help ID Bayonet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID Bayonet?

Can anyone tell what this is?It has what looks like an Imperial eagle on the top of the blade under the cross guard.On the other side it has CEWG?
    Dan46
    Attached Files

Pic#3
    Attached Files

Comment

What you have there is an Austrian 1895 bayonet. The hooked quillion and ring in the pommel make this one an NCO model. The eagle you see is an Austrian eagle, it was double headed if produced during or prior to WWI, single head afterwards. The marking is OEWG which stands for the maker: Osterreichische Waffenfabrik Gesellshaft (Steyr).

Hope this helps,
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JIMP10X View Post
        What you have there is an Austrian 1895 bayonet. The hooked quillion and ring in the pommel make this one an NCO model. The eagle you see is an Austrian eagle, it was double headed if produced during or prior to WWI, single head afterwards. The marking is OEWG which stands for the maker: Osterreichische Waffenfabrik Gesellshaft (Steyr).

Hope this helps,
        Jim
        I agree

Comment

Thanks Guys-I picked this up from a vet.I ran an ad in the paper and got it along with an SA dagger.He wanted $575 for them.I wanted the SA so;I got both of them.What is the value of the bayonet?
          Dan46

Comment

I would say in the neighborhood of $75- $90.

Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim.
              Dan46

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X