X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luftwaffe dagger

Hello,

is my luftwaffe dagger "good"?

Last edited by hobby-forum; 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM.

more pics.

Last edited by hobby-forum; 02-07-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

some more.
      Last edited by hobby-forum; 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

It is original

Comment

Agree, original and a very nice complete rig.

Comment

Interesting and puzzling dagger. The crossguard looks to be a period generic,grip looks like a late plaster filled but shaped like none I have ever seen before. The pommel is quite strange also,and the scabbard bands are very thin like an Army dagger,but have the correct Eickhorn leaves! (incorrect screws in scabbard) This may just be a very late last ditch item(finish and patina looks even),or a parts monster. See what others say! Kevin.

Comment

same thoughts of heers68, I had.
              even if eickhorn used initially generic fittings, this cannot be the case due to the white grip.
              plus, cannot see if the two lower acorns in the pommel are well finished: there are current pommel repros with unfinished acorns.
              again, to me too the grip appears strange and I never liked a white grip on an eickhorn, most of all with that wire. last, dont like those two big screws non headless on an eickhorn scabbard.

Comment

I feel like the grip is not right in color or shape. The pommel looks quite a bit off as well. This is not a dagger for me.

Comment

Originally posted by heers68 View Post
                  Interesting and puzzling dagger. The crossguard looks to be a period generic,grip looks like a late plaster filled but shaped like none I have ever seen before. The pommel is quite strange also,and the scabbard bands are very thin like an Army dagger,but have the correct Eickhorn leaves! (incorrect screws in scabbard) This may just be a very late last ditch item(finish and patina looks even),or a parts monster. See what others say! Kevin.
                  Agreed, it's not unusual to find an Eick with a generic crossguard, but the pommel looks odd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X