opininions neededmon Zeitler Luft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opininions neededmon Zeitler Luft

I have seen this Luftwaffe dagger marked Zeitler, and would be grateful for opinions as to whether it is genuine. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the maker's mark. I attach all the pictures that I have.
    Thanks,
    Peter.
    Attached Files

Another couple of pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO it is original, only thing is the handle is different, looks like it is maybe from some different dagger.

Comment

Hi rajko,
        Thanks for your advice. I am told that the word wien is indistinctly seen under the word zeitler.
        Thanks,
        Peter.

Comment

Peter:

Can you post pics of the maker mark?

John

Comment

Hi John,
            I won't have a pic of the maker's mark until next week, but I think that it is just the name Zeitler over an indistinct word which could be Wien, stamped into the blade.
            Thanks,
            Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by rajko84 View Post
              IMO it is original, only thing is the handle is different, looks like it is maybe from some different dagger.

What makes you say that??

Comment

Originally posted by Nolan View Post
                What makes you say that??
                From the pics looks thinner then normal one. It could be just pics too.

Comment

Dagger looks to be OK. I agree the handle is bit "slim", but it can be typical for Zeitler LW daggers. Too bad I don't have any Zeitler close at hand to compare, nevertheless the handle doesn't look postwar to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                    Dagger looks to be OK. I agree the handle is bit "slim", but it can be typical for Zeitler LW daggers. Too bad I don't have any Zeitler close at hand to compare, nevertheless the handle doesn't look postwar to me.
                    I did not mean that it is a post war just that is maybe from different dagger. But I never had that maker before so it can just be specific for this maker. I learn new things every day.

Comment

Thanks Nolan, rajko and 777.
                      I had never heard of Zeitler before this dagger came up. I cannot get pics of the maker's mark until the end of next week. I am somewhat concerned that he is not listed by Wittman. I assume that means not listed as a maker of Luftwaffe Daggers, rather than daggers altogether.
                      I note that his name has come up a few times on blades in this forum.
                      Thanks,
                      Peter.

Comment

Just thought that I would explain that I saw thie comment that he was not listed by Wittman in another comment in this forum on a thread where Zeitler came up. Sorry don't know how to insert links to threads.
                        Thanks again,
                        Peter.

Comment

I remember quite some time ago Mike Hansen showing on GDC a 2nd Luft with an almost parallel grip, I don't think there is anything wrong with the piece, not the best, but looks all original to me.

Comment

Thanks Nolan,
                            Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnZ View Post
                              Peter:

Can you post pics of the maker mark?

John
                              Won't be a 'maker' mark, IMO Zeitler would be a 'distributor' mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X