Alcoso Luft dagger 2nd model - your opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoso Luft dagger 2nd model - your opinions please

comes with a Luft fork, but no free lunch seller says blade is in mint condition. has a crack on the celluloid handle as seen.

what is it worth? thank you

A pic of the maker mark would be helpful, as well as better pictures of the blade. Assuming that the blade is truly "minty" I would say 375 would be a fair price. Others might want to argue a higher price, but with the market and the grip.....

Comment

i don't have any more pics but the maker mark looks to be like this one,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=446223

the blade is described as near mint with very little to no drag marks. never sharpened and excellent point and crossgrain.

Comment

A pic of the maker mark would be helpful, as well as better pictures of the blade. Assuming that the blade is truly "minty" I would say 375 would be a fair price. Others might want to argue a higher price, but with the market and the grip.....
        I would have to agree. I wouldn't pay any more for it.

Comment

I would save my money and wait for a better example.

Comment

Broken handles are a pet peeve of mine... so you know my response! Save your money for a nice complete one with no crack - won't be too too expensive... problems with daggers only increase with time, unfortunately - especially cracks!!

Comment

With that crack it's a hard sell. I found that generally collectors are less tolerant of those on a 2nd Luft than say a Navy dagger.

-wagner-

Comment

Well, if the crack is really small I understand that it can be tolerated by some, but I personally avoid Heer or LW daggers with broken handles

Comment

thank you for your comments. i hear you about the cracked handle, but i like the blade a lot, it looks to be in near mint condition and i will post more pics when in hand.

Comment

The only time that a cracked grip is acceptable is when it is ivory.

You will only like this less and less as time goes by if you buy it. I know, I've been there.

Alcoso Luft2s are easy to find.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X