Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger, good one or fake?!

Hi guys,

I am not really a German collector but I was offerd this SA Dolch today and I was wondering if it is a good one or a fake one?
    I know the photo's are crappy but I've asked the seller if he had any other photo's like detail photo's. If not I can make better photo's on monday.
    But what can you guys tell me from these photo's? A good one or a fake one?

If it is the real deal, what would be a fair price for these?

Many thanks in advance !

SA Dagger

Hi,

From what I can see the SA dagger looks to be original.
    Hard to tell from these pictures but the maker could be F Herder (only a guess).
    There are some condition issues with the ball on the lower scabbard fitting either missing or completely crushed.
    There is some rust on one side of the scabbard.
    Ask for better photos and check the condition of the blade , condition of grip and see if there are any dents in the scabbard itself.
    I would give a rough value on this as between £380 to £420 as it has the hangers.
    Always make sure you have a returns option with the seller so that you can return the dagger within say 7 days if you are not happy.

Best wishes,
    Ian

Comment

Looks like a Kayser from the markings on the blade but its hard to make out, if it is a Kayser its a rare blade (9 on the McSaar) that scabbard though has some serious issue as already pointed out. Still, it has the hangers....600 all day long.
      Good Luck,
      Eric

Comment

No Herder, no Kayser, but...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
          I agree, it was my 1st impression too before I read it.

Looks OK to me too, but better detailed pictures are needed to be sure.

Comment

Okay thanks guys !
            I will make some better photo's on monday. If anyone have other opinions on this one let me know !

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
              Good eye! On this monitor at work its hard to make out in his original photo...

Comment

Looks like someone has "customized" this one a bit,is that some type of painting or decal on the scabbard?,and is it me or has the background around the swastika been painted red too??? Kevin.

Comment

Scabard bottom fitting ball missing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X