Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double dated k98 bayonet and unknown maker

Hello,
    I just got this non-matching k98 bajonet. Does anyone know who this maker is? I also noticed that it is marked both 39 and 40 at the side of the balde. Alse there's a 36 marking at the blade.

Would this mean that it has been reworked during ww2?

I can't read the WaA's very well. Something like WaA 757

Thanks,
    Frank
    Attached Files

This is an "OMC" bayonet. Maker: Machinenhaus Ferlach

It is a rarer maker, which would increase the price if it were a matching piece. But it is still nice to have an example from a rarer maker. As for the dates..... the normal date would be 39. From what I believe Machinenhaus Ferlach only made bayonets in 39. It is good to know on this maker of bayonet, that Ferlach put numbers underneath the original serial/production number.(in this case 36) So this is normal to see for this maker. Can I see a picture of the marked 40?? thanks
    Last edited by 12thPanzer; 01-27-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

by the way, your Waffenamp mark is correct WaA "757". Would you mind showing a couple pics of it? I would enjoy seeing the grip etc. Its always nice to see a rare bayonet. And just to let you know, people see more commercial, police, and kriegs bayonets than a bayo from this maker. So it is a very uncommon maker. thanks for sharing it
      Last edited by 12thPanzer; 01-27-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The markings at the side
        Attached Files
        Last edited by German_military; 01-27-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Markings on the inner parts. (even an eagle next to the serial number)
          Attached Files

Comment

Its nice marked bayonet. congratulation, correctly stamped in all way, what is the scabbard marking?

Comment

I like this one alot. Thanks for showing the pics for me. A very well stamped piece. They really went all out stamping them in the earlier years of the war, didnt they. I have stopped collecting k98 bayos, but it makes me want to get back into it. haha

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X