Let's HONOR SSG Lloyd Edward Croninger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's HONOR SSG Lloyd Edward Croninger

I have just obtained this complete Luftwaffe 2nd model dagger rig from the family of now deceased WW2 veteran SSG Lloyd Edward Croninger of Oklahoma. I have attached a few of the many pics that were furnished to me,he is the tall fellow. His family is just the greatest and my thanks go out to them! This WKC is very nice,and has the SIMULATED IVORY grip. I have never had one with this option so I am very happy to share it! Not easy tho show in the pictures,I hope you can get a good idea of how cool this grip looks. Let me hear your opinions on this dagger and SSG Croninger!! Kevin.
    Attached Files

pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

more..
      Attached Files

Comment

more.....
        Attached Files

Comment

and more...
          Attached Files

Comment

What a beautiful 2nd model love the grip and pommel gilting - Would love to have this one congratulations on your new acquisition

Comment

The simulated ivory looks great! I wish I had one like that. Pommel swaz gilding got dark, which seems to be typical to WKC lufties.
              What unit was the guy in?

Comment

Tom, THANKS for kind words!

777, I am waiting to get unit info sent from the family,and will update this post when it arrives.

He was definately at a good sized Luftwaffe base,can you guys identify the aircraft? Tail boom looks too thick for a Dornier? or is it? Can anyone tell what is in his hand in the last pic?? Kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by heers68 View Post
                  Can anyone tell what is in his hand in the last pic?? Kevin.
                  It looks to be the bottom cup for his canteen with the folding handle extended.

Comment

Good eye Texasuberalles!! I see it know,with the solid fold out handle. Still cant see what the other thing is. THANKS! Kevin.

Comment

Nice Luft. Kevin!
                      Congrats on getting this one and the provevance.
                      Ralph.

Comment

Nice WKC Luftwaffe with hangers and knot. SSG Croninger looks to be wearing
                        an Armored Division patch triangle.

Comment

Have to agree with you there David,in the pic sitting on the anti-aircraft cannon. Haven't noticed that before! Kevin.

Comment

Great to get a story on at least the vet who got the dagger. Congrats on a very nice 2nd Luft Kevin.

-wagner-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X