Imperial Trench Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Trench Knife

Hi here is my trench knife representative...After going through ones that look like they were used every day after the war and was in terrible shape, and then getting those mint ones that probably was no where near a trench, I settled on this one...
    It has the imperial stamp, it is unit marked, the paint wear on the back looks like that it was rubbing on material as it was worn, so I feel it has real honest use...troddel or whatever (don't know much about these)...is I was told the shorter one that was given later for trench knives...I believe it was with only one other collector who got it from a vets family...I'm happy with this one, is there anything you guys can tell me about it that I have not noticed? Any info on the unit would be helpful JR 448 10 K.
    Thanks
    Rick

Nice knife

Comment

Originally posted by rajko84 View Post
      Nice knife

Comment

Rick

Good looking knife.

The marking "JR 448 10 K" indicates the Infantry Regiment 448, 10th Company.

This was a war time formation formed in 1917.

The Regiment was part of the 233rd Infantry Division (formed in January 1917) and recruited from West Prussia and Pomerania.

The Division fought on the Western Front arriving April 1917 following training.
        Participated in fighting in Flanders including the Third Battle of the Somme. The Division was dissolved in August 1918 following heavy casualties.

Hope that is of some interest to you.

Regards

Richie.

BTW - unit marked knives are pretty rare.

Comment

Rick, a great unit marked trench knife you settled for there, i would be happy with this knife in my collection too

Comment

Thanks guys!.....Richie this is what I was looking for...thanks for your time in getting that info.

Comment

Congrats, Rick !

It´s an good lookin´, issued knife !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X