Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword Knot, What is it........ help please

Hi Guys,

Picked these up with a lot of reference books. It was in the bottom of the bag. Clearly it is a dagger or sword knot, but from which branch or service? As you can see it is pretty salty. I'm thinking Heer?

Thanks alot Adam

sword pompee 002.JPG

sword pompee 004.JPG

[ATTACH]1733404[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1733405[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi Adam, Yes, its indeed a Third Reich-era German Army sword knot. It is for sword not for dagger. Thanks,James

Comment

If the strap is green it's a TR era sword knot, if it's black, it's WWI/Weimar. Hard to tell from your pics, but it looks like a WWI black (Prussian) one to me.

Comment

Looks like a 3R Heer sword knot to me, noticing the grey dot underneath. I had thought the Weimar era Preußen knots had black leather straps, aluminum threads, silver bullion bulb & a black dot.

Comment

I can't tell from the pics if it's a black or green strap, grey or black on the bottom of bulb. Adam, what does it look like in person?

Comment

Hi tim,

It looks like brown leather, with silver cord running through it. Hope that is of some help

Thanks for the response guys

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Harland View Post
                Hi tim,

It looks like brown leather, with silver cord running through it. Hope that is of some help

Thanks for the response guys
                Hi Adam,

I think Billy and James are right about it being TR, especially if the color in the bottom of the bulb is more grey than black. Either way, looks like a nice "been there" Heer sword knot

Comment

Originally posted by Tim L. View Post
                  Hi Adam,

I think Billy and James are right about it being TR, especially if the color in the bottom of the bulb is more grey than black. Either way, looks like a nice "been there" Heer sword knot
                  Cheers tim

Thanks for the help

Adam

Comment

If it is any use to anyone pm me, at the moment it is around my office door handle

Comment

That's a NS era Heer knot for sure....just kinda' worked over.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X