Big Dealer Slashes Price on Daggers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Dealer Slashes Price on Daggers!

The Ruptured Duck has slashed the prices of all daggers by 10 to 20%. Are we starting to see a price correction in daggers?

Bill has slash prices in the past but I have never seen it as broad. I wonder if other dealers will follow?
    Last edited by RommelPlatz; 01-21-2011, 12:18 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

The Duck....has finally smelled the coffee. He's 20% higher than most dealers except Maederer.
    As we know there are fewer collector dollars going around and those few want to get a deal. 'A Deal' is something you won't get with The Duck.
    Sorry Bill it's 'just the facts' as I see them. and ...-JMHO-

-wagner-

Comment

im sooo agree with you wags.

Comment

I remember asking Bill what is the "best price" he said "that is and I do not discount." I heard Max show sales on Thursday was around $500.00.

I find it odd that if you are in it for "business" then WHY would you keep the same merchandise sitting around for years and never lower the price? Did they pay too much for the item to begin with? I doubt it Why would a person keep packing the same items show to show? Are they VERY proud of these items or are they running a hobby business? A business must make a profit and keep cash flow going to buy more items, so why would one keep over priced inventory that they must pay taxes on year after year? Heck in some cases dealers raises prices every year on the same unsold items.

My goal is to walk home with a pocket of $$ not the same stuff I brought to sell!

I have a friend who used to frequent the military shows, he would get items direct from vets and sell it for 25% less of what the "going rate" was. It really pissed off the big dealers, as they ask "Why do you sell this stuff so cheap?" His response, "I'm here to make money and my goal is to walk out the doors with no merchandise and a pocket full of cash!" The dealer was beside himself.
        Last edited by Eric Von Rader; 01-21-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I also agree with the comments on the "Duck's " prices. He has always been overpriced by as much as 40% and his inventory stays on his list for literally years. My philosphy has also been to make a reasonable profit and move it quickly. The longer it stays in ones' inventory the smaller the profit as inflation eats into the price. I bet even the 20% discounts on his site will still be high.

Bill

Comment

Quote from Eric:
            "I have a friend who used to frequent the military shows, he would get items direct from vets and sell it for 25% less of what the "going rate" was. It really pissed off the big dealers, as they ask "Why do you sell this stuff so cheap?" His response, "I'm here to make money and my goal is to walk out the doors with no merchandise and a pocket full of cash!" The dealer was beside himself. "

As one who get his items out of the woodwork as your friend I pride myself on doing exactly the same. Pictured below are the results of a recent estate buy. Most of what I didn't keep for my own collection was reasonably priced and is now sold. For example: The 3 daggers were gone in less than 24 hours. I sell privately to a group of collector friends and generally do not put items on auction sites or forums for sale.

Jim
            Last edited by james m; 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

James M

You have too PM me next time some "Black stuff" pops up``

LH

Comment

Nice find! Fact is there is a TON of TR items still to be found! One just needs to take the time and effort to look for it. I do buy from some dealers as they spend a lot of time and $$ finding goodies. I don't have a problem paying retail for a rare or super condition items. My preference it to deal/trade with other collectors as you tend to get the "good stuff" that just is not offered for sale.
                Last edited by Eric Von Rader; 01-22-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

The best stuff is rarely posted anywhere. It sells by word of mouth between interested parties. We all just need friends with Jim's luck

Comment

Even at the 20 percent reduction his prices are still outrageous!

Comment

For the first time in living memory ......................

................ the prices of military antiques right across the board are falling.

OK .............. the 'rare' stuff holds its value.

But 80% of the prices are on the way down.

With the world economies the way they are, it would be crazy to expect anything else.

Good news for the 'real' collectors !

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                        For the first time in living memory ......................

................ the prices of military antiques right across the board are falling.

OK .............. the 'rare' stuff holds its value.

But 80% of the prices are on the way down.

With the world economies the way they are, it would be crazy to expect anything else.

Good news for the 'real' collectors !

In addition a number of great, hard to find pieces are becoming available.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeknives View Post
                          ..............a number of great, hard to find pieces are becoming available.
                          I agree.

The world recession cloud might have a silver lining, after all !!

Comment

Originally posted by WW2-Collector View Post
                            Even at the 20 percent reduction his prices are still outrageous!
                            O yea!

Comment

This self-inflicted recession has lent itself for rare and nice condition items to land on the market again. I too have been able to acquire many nice items that have been in advanced collections for a reasonable price! If you are a true collector and have a few extra $$ its a good time to buy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X