Some DDR Daggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some DDR Daggers

I like to keep some German daggers of all periods. I picked these up from Kurt Glempser several years ago. I just had them out for inspection, and wondered if other dagger collecters have some examples as well. Not the quality of TR daggers, but nice to have cased examples at an affordable price.
    Attached Files

Nice stuff. I am thinking about making my first dagger purchase soon. Look at your sword. As far as I know correct swords do not have the colored DDR roundel
    on the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerfan53 View Post
      Nice stuff. I am thinking about making my first dagger purchase soon. Look at your sword. As far as I know correct swords do not have the colored DDR roundel
      on the handle.

You are correct, I believe the sword is a copy. It was not a Glempser purchase.

Comment

Either way. The rest are pretty awesome. Thought about going for one on e-ban but thought I would rather get one somewhere else. Never had one in hand before so I am educating myself.

Comment

I have a nice early 1960s East German NVA dagger in its original brown cardboard box with its matching serial number on the label and on its ricasso. I also have a late DDR-era dagger with its matching serial number on its original green cardboard box's label and on its ricasso. They are in my collection for a long time. Nice cased DDR daggers,Wolfgang!!!!

Comment

Yes on the DDR sword, This sword is unfortunately a repro. Adler53 was correct on the sword. I had seen and handled the original DDR sword in my fellow collector friend's collection. The original DDR sword have no color in its state emblem on the crossguard and its blade was much heavier and chunky than TR sword. Please go to DDR subforum in this forum for further info on DDR swords. I know of some collectors do own some DDR swords and posted pictures of this scarce DDR sword. Thanks,James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X