CHain for SS dagger Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHain for SS dagger Opinions please

I know their are some good Russian repros out there, is this one???
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

one more pic

Comment

stamp
        Attached Files

Comment

a good one imo. i see no differences to an original one and i see everything, that´s typical for this first/early type. nice to see the "septum". ss stamp handmade.

Comment

Agreed, it looks good to me.

Comment

Maybe the photo angle, the detail looks a little off. imo

Comment

I think it is a copy.The links that connect to the cloverleaf are the wrong shape.No detail in the teeth of the skull,no pebbeling to the background of the skulls and many more things.

Comment

This one is strange. I took magnifying glass and compared it to my M36's "septum" chain and many details are identical. The SS proofmark is the same (very good sign!), skull - the same. I agree, the background pebbling is "weak" here, but it maybe result of heavy cleaning (it looks like the chain has been cleaned) or just the mold was overused. The edges of each link (big links I mean, not connectors) are bit rounded here, but again it maybe because of polishing that removed original blackening and patina, so the whole chain makes that strange impression. Well, "hands on inspection" would solve the problem.
                  As for the "russian chains" - no, it's not the one of them. They are easy to recognize .

Comment

I think is a copy absolutly is two things:

the skull does not have enough details, the distance between the sign is too small.
                    Look inside the down Circle from -wotansknoten-
                    I had look two chains that not the same
                    IMO

Best
                    Sepp

Comment

It will be easier to compare (this one is 100% good, if someone asks )
                      Attached Files

Comment

A closer view of the skull
                        Attached Files

Comment

No doubt in my mind.................................... it's a good Type III chain.

Comment

Yes sir all good as the plating thickness has covered some of the details a bit. !

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I listed this for a friend, and I think he has enough to make a decision, and I learned a little bit more about these challenging chains!

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X