2nd Luft in Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Luft in Case

Hey, IMO this is a good dagger, but is this a period case? If so how much do these ones in case go for? I have never purchased a LW in case before... Thoughts / Prices before I commit...

Postwar case IMO.

-wagner-

Comment

I agree with Wags. A very attractive place for a Luft dagger to reside but alas, these cases are postwar production.

Comment

do we ever see legitmitate cases like this at all? Outside of presntation political pieces?

Comment

Presentation...

Red,

I thought the same thing, that this case should only be for a presentation dagger... and since I have never owned or nor had in hand a presentation Luftwaffe and only know them for the presentation blade I was unsure if this was presentation...

So, here is some pictures of what is under the hood - a nice surprise.

So for a presentation 2nd Mod. Luft is this dagger correct?? It may have just jumped out of my price range...

Comment

Postwar case and postwar blade IMHO

Comment

I bought an identical case from the late Chip Gambino to house my Voos Luft and he sold it as postwar, IMO they are too big, but it was a cheap enough.

Comment

Any more thoughts on the actual dagger? I'm sure on what is outside the scabbard anyone own a presentation Luft to comment on the blade?

Originally posted by Nolan View Post
                I bought an identical case from the late Chip Gambino to house my Voos Luft and he sold it as postwar, IMO they are too big, but it was a cheap enough.

Comment

How about a shot of the blade tang? I suspect the dagger is period with the exception of the blade.

Comment

I agree with the others on the issue of the case. The latching hardware does not look period anyway.
                    As for the dagger, I too would like to see the tang.
                    The grip and fittings look alright to me. I do notice that there is absolutely no soiling under the grip wire in your photos. This may have been cleaned or the wire replaced at some point. It looks pretty fresh.

Regards,
                    Frank

Comment

I agree with Billy G and Niblet, the blade is postwar or a period blade with a postwar etch.

Red

Comment

Tang

The Tang as requested...

Comment

Cased dagger

Both case and blade are postwar.

Comment

Suspected

After seeing the tang I also thought that - the auction ended today, this piece went for $4100.00 USD

Apparently the man who bought this must have also wiping his rear with 20's ????

Comment

re blade

These blades are well known as post war. They usually feature a dedication further down the blade below the Goering signature which is not shown in your photos. (Usually reads translated something like "for bravery in air combat." They are found with various names in the presentation. These are generally regarded as being made by Robert Kuerten and are postwar as stated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X