Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first SA Dagger

Hello gentlemen.

I have my first SA dagger in house. I bought this one from John T at germanwarbooty for 350$.
    I also got Luft dagger 1st in the same shippment
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=464627

This one is RZM 1941, marked M7/10 by J. A. Henckels. I donĀ“t know if that maker is rare or not.
    I know it is a late SA dagger that is not much for experienced dagger collector.

But I like it a lot. Good price fof SA Dagger in "okay" condition imo.
    It have one flaw, there is a litle fragment on grip that is missing as you can see on last picture.

What do you think guys??
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking, authentic piece ... You'll always remember your first !

Corroded/pitted metal fittings are typical for RZM's, which used plated fittings instead of the earlier nickel.
                  You have the dagger in the wrong way, by the way, try not to do that as you will create new "runner marks" on the blade doing that.
                  With the grip emblems facing you, the scabbard ring should always be to the right when correctly inserted.

Comment

My first was also an RZM piece albeit in near mint condition but I swiftly gravitated towards earlier maker marked daggers, the quality and the interesting logos make collecting early ones much more exciting to me. A decent first piece to start you on the path though.
                    Best of luck in your new collecting path,
                    Eric

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS View Post
                      You have the dagger in the wrong way, by the way, try not to do that as you will create new "runner marks" on the blade doing that.
                      With the grip emblems facing you, the scabbard ring should always be to the right when correctly inserted.
                      Good point, thank you.

I was exactly thinking about that when I took the picture of that dagger "how the hell does the scabbard turn?"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X