German dagger ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German dagger ??????????

I'm selling this on ebay and I thought was a post war east German dagger but is already up to 300+
    What is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130474747993

Thank you

Giorgio
    Attached Files

I would guess it is something like the 1957 awards. A version of the Third Reich item modified for post war. Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
      I would guess it is something like the 1957 awards. A version of the Third Reich item modified for post war. Kirby
      thank you

Comment

I think this may be an Airforce dagger made by Eickhorn post WW2 for a South American Country,possibly Uruguay. Kevin.

Comment

I am watching this auction and it is on $655 right now with 24h still left.
          Can somebody help why is this dagger that high?

Comment

Can somebody help why is this dagger that high?
            Ebay is a funny place and is shopped by the unwashed masses. You will find no other place on earth filled with so many uneducated people. There are a lot of legit sellers and knowledgable buyers, but many auctions are fueled by emotion, greed and stupidity.
            Buyer beware.
            If you are a collector of Third Reich edged weapons, this dagger is not for you.
            Just watch the auction and be amused. It might be of some value if it is real and associated with some valid military force in history, but so far I think it is just wierd.

Regards,
            Frank

Comment

I am very interested in seeing what this goes for. I saw what looked like a very nice Klass 1st pattern luftwaffe on ebay today. It had a $495 buy it now and it was gone in a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                I am very interested in seeing what this goes for. I saw what looked like a very nice Klass 1st pattern luftwaffe on ebay today. It had a $495 buy it now and it was gone in a few minutes.
                If it was all original, that was a steal.

Comment

Sale price $993+shipping over $1000

I do not understand, why would somebody pay that much for it, it does not even have scabbard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X