Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M7/2 HJ Knife. Emil Voos?

Gentlemen,

I just picked this dagger up. As you can see, it is in great condition with the exception of a bit of pitting at the base of the ricasso. Perhaps the buffer had gotten wet? At any rate, i am not sure why the only real aging to the dagger would have been at this area. I know that the pictures do not show it, but through a loop, it appears to be marked RZM M7/2 37. I have checked and this would appear to be an Emil Voos, but i am only sure of the RZM Circle and the date of 37, and i am only reasonably sure on the date. Please take a look and let me know if you would agree that it is a Voos. Thank you in advance for your opinions and help.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

looks like a well worn modern repro in a probable original scabbard. the rzm and date have probably been removed deliberately to decieve. search voos hjs and its the most common fake out there, most look brand new

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
              looks like a well worn modern repro in a probable original scabbard. the rzm and date have probably been removed deliberately to decieve. search voos hjs and its the most common fake out there, most look brand new
              Jeremiah, you might have missed my post, can you return it?

Mike

Comment

Mike,

It is great to see you. I did miss your post. It must have come through while i was posting pictures. That's not good news. Unfortunately, i am stuck with it. I didn't inspect it too closely during the auction preview. It went cheap, which is good, but so cheap that i couldn't afford to not take a chance. Even with closer inspection, i probably wouldn't have caught this one. Youth knives are not typically within the range of what i do, and it passed the scabbard test, and i thought the wear and age looked pretty consistent with all of the dress bayos that were going in the same auction. Upon further inspection, the rivets don't look right to me, but nothing else jumps off of the page. I will dig in, take my lumps, and learn my lesson. Thank you for your help as always.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Comment

Scabbard may be able to recover some or all of your costs, they can go for quite abit on ebay etc

Comment

Thanks Mike. It might make an excllent working around the house knife. These things are a great size and perfectly weighted. Time will tell. Thank you.

Jeremiah

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X