2 Army Swords for Comments!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Army Swords for Comments!

Hey guys looking for comments on these swords, what "model" are they?

I'm. On my data phone and out of town....so I have no ref with me. But the 2nd is a wkc..can't recall model #. the 1st might be a voos. Ill get back to you and either confirm or correct myself unless another saber guy chimes in.

Tom

Comment

any other comments or help? I'm supposed to go buy these this weekend for 600$. Seems like a good price!

Comment

$600 for the pair sounds like a good deal. Remember the game and complain about every little flaw and try to get them for $500 or $550. Good deals can always be better deals with some effort.

Comment

I just returned home.

The 2nd saber is indeed a WKC- Nr (#) 61. That we are sure of.

The 1st saber I cannot find an exact match to. I paged through various reference books and looked through my period sales catalogs, still coming up empty handed. However, studying various particulars of the saber, including the design of the shield and laurels on the reverse langets, the back-strap designs, and other unique attributes to the piece, it appears based on the "best matched" rule, that the piece might actually be a Paul Seilheimer. Of course this is only speculation based on deducation using images in reference of other PS Heer sabers. This theory might be totally wrong. Without a conclusive match, we won't know. For purposes of identification, I would list the piece as an "unattributed" Heer saber with PS similiarities.

Now, for $600 you'd best purchase the pieces. It would be remiss not to. I don't see any major flaws in the photos. Both celluloid grips look crack and chip free- damaged grips is a value killer The PS-esque dovehead is devoid of all of it's factory gilt, however still appears to be in decent shape. The WKC 61 is in better shape and appears to retain some factory gilting. If you break down the price, $300 each is well worth it. You could say $350 for the WKC, $250 for the PS-esque piece. Whatever. If I were in identical circumstances, I would purchase the peice, even though I already own the 61. If you bought the pair, kept 1 and flipped the other, youd end up with a decent display piece which only cost ya' $100 or so purchase. The Nr. 61 blade appears to have some dulling on the plating, but I think it's something a mildly abrassive cleaning agent would work out and clean up.

If another collector can identify the 1st saber- the PS-esque dovehead, please chime in. I am curious now and would really like to identify the pattern.

Tom

Comment

the first sword is a FW Holler!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X