M36 value for a real salty example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M36 value for a real salty example

I would like some advice on what a very salty chained SS would be worth? I have no pics to post but basically this thing is in very sad condition, chewed up grip, re-tipped, you name it. The links are there and in decent enough shape...does this have any value? even 1000? Any help would be very appreciated. This guy is a pest...he thinks its worth 3000.

Just an opinion, so take it for what it's worth. While these daggers have skyrocketed in price in recent years (it kills me to think I could have bought several beautiful ones for $1500-$2500 not so long ago), I just can't see putting thousands into one that is in rough shape. You'd be much better off to set that money aside, wait til you have more, and then buy a nice conditioned piece that will always be in demand from collectors.

As far as your unseen dagger, I would imagine that an honest type 1 or 2 chain (chain only) could not be purchased for under $1000 in today's market, as I've seen several M36s over the years missing their chains, and subsequently sold at a discount.

So I'd buy a rough M36 but only at a bargain price, otherwise I'd just hold off and buy the best quality I could afford. My two cents.

Comment

Thank you William, I would have bought this piece with an eye towards flipping it for parts to someone willing to take it on that merit, I am not interested in it personally at all, in fact in dealing with the potential seller I have told him that over and over, despite all of this, he insists that I am trying to 'steal' his dagger which he thinks is worth 3000-3500 dollars. I too share your pain regarding the new prices...10,000? Witty has some around that price...I spurned one in the mid 90's for 3000. I still lose sleep over that.
      Originally posted by William J View Post
      Just an opinion, so take it for what it's worth. While these daggers have skyrocketed in price in recent years (it kills me to think I could have bought several beautiful ones for $1500-$2500 not so long ago), I just can't see putting thousands into one that is in rough shape. You'd be much better off to set that money aside, wait til you have more, and then buy a nice conditioned piece that will always be in demand from collectors.

As far as your unseen dagger, I would imagine that an honest type 1 or 2 chain (chain only) could not be purchased for under $1000 in today's market, as I've seen several M36s over the years missing their chains, and subsequently sold at a discount.

So I'd buy a rough M36 but only at a bargain price, otherwise I'd just hold off and buy the best quality I could afford. My two cents.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X