Pair of Dress Bayonet Rigs for Review, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pair of Dress Bayonet Rigs for Review, Please

I am currently working out a trade deal with a friend and fellow forum member. I am offering him the two dress bayonet rigs, one army and one fire police, shown below.

For the peace of mind of my forum member, would you please have a look at these.

My apologies for the less than stellar quality of some of the pictures.

I thank you in advance.

The first is a short model army.
    Attached Files

This bayonet has the very nice condition D.R.P. metal plate on the reverse of the frog. The maker is Paul Seilheimer.
    Attached Files

Comment

Last one, showing the red felt in the slot.
      Attached Files

Comment

The second dress bayonet rig is for the fire police. This is a long model example.
        Attached Files

Comment

The blade is marked "Horst Wolff" but I don't know if that is a maker or distributor (Billy G, you out there? lol)
          Attached Files

Comment

Nothing wrong with either of these Bill. They both have the correct knots and the short one has a scarce patented frog with the metal backing.

Comment

Hi William,

A very nice looking pair of bayonets with full rigs. Horst Wolff, Leipzig was a distributor of fire bayonets, that much we know. I presume they were exclusive to distributing fire pieces beacuse I have never observed any of their 3 or 4 variation markings on anything but a fire piece.

This mark is the most common of the Wolff marks but nowadays any marked piece is becoming somewhat scarce. It's always nice to find a full rig as it was worn in the NS zeit, well done my friend.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen!

My appreciation for your kind comments. I've had these for a number of years, but I'm finding that trading with fellow collectors has increased my enjoyment of the hobby immensely in 2010.

Wishing everyone a joyous Christmas and a prosperous and blessed 2011!

William

Comment

Wonderful looking dress bayonets. If your trade falls apart I am sure you will have no problem selling them.

Comment

William,

Your appreciation of the hobby in terms of trading & interaction with fellow collectors is most mutual. You do find some nice items I've noticed! Merry Christmas to you my friend & all the best in 2011.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X