Unmarked Heer dagger advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked Heer dagger advice needed

I'm not a dagger collector but this one came on my path. It is damaged and not in a very good state. What would you advise me to do with the rusted blade?

Is the crossguard one of the generic type ones? The crossguard also wiggles and there is room between the ring above the crossguard and the grip, should I leave it this way or should I put a (rubber) ring between them?

Thanks!

Comment

Comment

Rik, Yes this dagger has type "B" generic fittings throughout,but they look like an earlier set as they have some nice hand work on them! You will probably have to live with the looseness of the hilt,looks like someone tried to tighten it up before and cracked the grip up. The blade looks pretty bad,you can use some "Mothers" metal polish on it and get some of the raw rust off and get some shine back but you will also loose crossgrain as you polish more and more. You wont ever loose the "shadow" of the rust but it will be better than it is now and arrest any active rust. Good luck! Kevin.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Kevin. When I have some spare time I will try to clean the blade up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X