3 engraved Bayonettes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 engraved Bayonettes!

Hey guys, just picked these up along with a group of SS insignia posted in Barto forum. These will probably make their way to the E-stand and just wanted some opinions, I don't know much at all about these pieces.

Klass. The best of the group with a beautiful engraving. Blade is perfect. Some plating loss to hilt.

Comment

Höller. perfect engraving with two eagles over swastika on both sides. missing leather washer. nicely patinated hilt with almost perfect plating. red felt intact but mothed.

Comment

Final bayonet. Another Höller. Some plating loss on hilt, nicely etched blade, again a early MINT blade with red felt somewhat remaining.

Comment

Can anyone help me out with pricing these for the Estand? I would like to put them up for sale.

Comment

Red Baron:

All three etches you show are listed in Wayne Techet's great book on etched bayonets as 'Common'.

That being said, in my opinion, the Klaas Luft etch and the second Neutral Holler etch are more desireable. Too bad about the plating losses on the hilts on all three, this will detract from the vlaue.

Etch collectors are more looking at blade and fitting quality, in that order. The last thing to worry about is the scabbard. I take my etches out of the scabbard as soon as they get home (the scabbard is a good protection while in transit), and they will neve see the scabbard again except for the rare case where I sell it.

So, values, on dealer's sites would run about $700... expect to get $500-700 for any one of these. I just saw a double etched Holler on GDC go for around $700.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X