Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etched Pack for review

Hi gents,

Can i have some opinions on this Pack bayo as reference plz?

Thx for looking!
    Tom

Etched Pack for Review

Please submit images of the reverse side of the bayonet, and detail images of the Pack trademark. Thankyou.

FJS

Comment

Tom,

Be very careful with these rare Pack oval etches. Originals are very rare & some pretty decent copies have been coming from the former Eastern Bloc in the last few years. Get REALLY detailed pictures & a return policy in the least. I would also suggest only sticking with a reputable source.

Comment

packs

hello
        with this photos i think that this engraved blade is original ,the quality is very good ,and i cannot see never flaw on the details,i have a good fealing on this bajonet!
        regards
        patrick

Comment

Tom:

Billy is right... not just Ovals, but all Packs are being very well reproduced out of the former Eastern Bloc countries.

I saw a C31 etch a while back that was amazingly accurate.

The reason Frederick asked for the reverse shots is that a number of things, inluding the style of trademark, the grip and the in the etch itself need to be looked at to rule out the fakes today.

I would want real closeups of the plane, the undercarriage, the tail and the motor area to look at.

Pictures show a very nice etch and, at first blush, it looks fine, but I held in my hands at the MAX and the SOS an etch that would fool 99% of anyone looking at it (and 100% if only looking at the pictures).

John

Comment

Etching looks post war to me as well.

Comment

Thx all for the comments but the bayo is no longer available meanwhile.

Comment

Even from these so so pics, the more I look at this piece, the more I tend to think it might be one of the new(er) fakes. Just a thought, if this Pack is from the same source as your Pack Landzoll dagger, it might be a sign.

Comment

May i ask why you think it's one of the newer fakes? One is never too old to learn and if you wold be reluctant to say it in public plz feel free to send me a pm.
                  I only collect daggers by Pack and since i'm reatively new to the collecting aspect of militaria and it's always interesting to know a couple things that should warn you when inspecting an item.
                  Thx
                  Tom

Comment

Never too old to learn is right, I'm learning new things about this stuff all the time. I can't speak for the others. For me it's some of the detailing on the plane & the frosting on the blade, they look remarkably similar to some recent fakes I've seen from the Czech Republic. If you're partial to etched pieces, I'd suggest you pick up Wayne Techet's book:

http://www.vonryansexpress.com/main.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X