Luftwaffe sword with damast blade and golden dedication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe sword with damast blade and golden dedication

Please have a look on this Luftwaffe sword.
    I think it´s original but what about the damast blade and the golden dedication?
    Is it an autentic blade/sword?
    Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
        Attached Files

Comment

The blade and the very poor etch is modern. Regards: James

Comment

I too have noticed more of this stuff appearing from eastern block countries.

Comment

Well lets ask Bruce Petrin! He might be able to spin a yarn or two about this sword

Comment

For the amount of money REAL PERIOD DAMASCUS BLADES cost you have to know what you are doing!!! This sword almost is not worth posting here as it is just soooooo bad...... I really wish people would buy good reference Manfred Sachse's book on Damascus, basic sword dagger books. I personally have only seen a handful of original Damascus Luft swords... I have seen some etched (false) damascus that could be period... There are internet sights with many bad damascus blades on them. In general not talking about the major sites.. With a big B.S. story of who made it etc...... There are many modern damascus blade that have been coming on the market for some time . Luft sword blade is one as army, Navy, sa, ss daggers etc.. Than you have the old repros from the 60s and 70s that have been reworked.. To a collector of damascus who sees different things weekly if not almost daily it is easy to see this is crap.... Real period blades to some are easy to tell..
                Last edited by DAMAST; 12-18-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X