luftwaffe sword from vets nephew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luftwaffe sword from vets nephew

I know this is a luftwaffe sword, but thats about it. I usually collect helmets, but if the price is right, I wouldnt mind picking this up. First, does it look ok? (seems to me to be in great shape), second, what is a fair price to offer/what are they going for on the open market. These are the sellers pics, he says the blade is sweet. For now, ill take him at his word. More pics are being sent tomorrow. Merry Xmas
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

z
      Attached Files

Comment

J

Nice sword,as to value anywere from $600-$1000 the siler knot these never came with but still nice ... WHAT they are going for $1200-$1500

Comment

Looks ok, will need some more bether photos.
          Mark

Comment

It is late aluminium version of LW Fliegerschwert made by SMF. Looks like crossguard has been covered with some yellowish laquer or varnish, I can see remains of sth. like that on the upper scabbard fitting. Nevertheless the condition is very nice, just too bad the leather hanger is missing. Price? $900-$1000 shall be fine (I assume the blade is problems-free).

Comment

Ok guys a few more pics. the deal is going down on Saturday if I get the go ahead from you guys. a $1000 is that a non-collector price? Would $700 be out of line to offer? I want to be fair, but also not take it in the shorts. Weve all got to make good investments I guess. Thanks for the help. He said his uncle stored it in vaseline, I dont know if that matters. To me it looks good.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by coloradocowboy; 12-16-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

x
                Attached Files

Comment

thanks for helping a novice with swords
                  Attached Files

Comment

The sword is really nice, but remember, $1000 is not a super bargain, you can get these swords here on estand for about 1K and with hanger. To me the hanger is important, since unlike other edged weapons frogs and hangers, the LW sword hanger is not detachable part of a scabbard, and to remove it you must damage it.
                    To wear the sword one needed also the teardrop hanger, but it was a sort of external device, not necessary for the sword to be complete (from the collector point of view). Try to discuss the lower price, if you'll buy it below $900, it's gonna be good deal, if between $900 and $1000, it's still gonna be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                      The sword is really nice, but remember, $1000 is not a super bargain, you can get these swords here on estand for about 1K and with hanger. To me the hanger is important, since unlike other edged weapons frogs and hangers, the LW sword hanger is not detachable part of a scabbard, and to remove it you must damage it.
                      To wear the sword one needed also the teardrop hanger, but it was a sort of external device, not necessary for the sword to be complete (from the collector point of view). Try to discuss the lower price, if you'll buy it below $900, it's gonna be good deal, if between $900 and $1000, it's still gonna be OK.
                      thanks friend. We will let you know what happens tomorrow

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X