Interesting FAKE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting FAKE??

Check this one out folks, been looking at daggers,and especially Heer daggers for quite a few decades and haven't seen this one! Appears to me to be a totally fake Alcoso variant.Wonder were this one was made up and have any of you guys seen one before??(hope no one has one in there collection!!) here's the link:
    http://beck-militaria.de/index.php?a...nd+Hanger.html

Heers:

I don't like the looks of the eagle's breast on the crossguard, true, but why do you think that the trademark is wrong?

John

Comment

First time I've seen one of these, FJS features one of these in Reproduction? Recognition! 1, looks the same to me. The inverted spirals also appear on the repro he shows as well as having a brass based scabbard which this one also seems to have. This would make this an early repro if it is one...

Red

Comment

John, Check out the dagger overall,the pommel,scabbard finish and how it patinaed,"grain" or lines going down the grip?? Then look closely at the maker mark,letters are a bit funky(compare to original pictured below). I think this was a good effort to fake a Heer... Kevin.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by heers68; 12-05-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X