SMF HEER Dagger Luft Marked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMF HEER Dagger Luft Marked?

I just picked up this dagger and noticed a Luft mark above the maker name. Does anybody know why an army dagger would have a luft mark? thanks
    Attached Files

mark
    Attached Files

Comment

eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

blade
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
            Attached Files

Comment

looks like a waffen amt

Comment

hi. the blade has been taken from a luft dagger: the waffenamt was only for luft dags, being these marks applied at the presence of a luftwaffe inspector, so, a luft inspector couldn't .. inspect a heer dolch (and never seen heer dolche with a waffenamt). also, consider this dagger has generic fittings and not smf manifacture.

Comment

As far as I know, these blades are interchangable.

Comment

There is a minor difference in the overall length of Heers and Lufts, but yes they are interchangeable.

Comment

HHMMM,have to agree on parts dagger. Generic hilt fittings and a Eickhorn scabbard. All SMF Heer's I have seen have a early type slant grip also...

Comment

Originally posted by joelabrendola View Post
                        hi. the blade has been taken from a luft dagger: the waffenamt was only for luft dags, being these marks applied at the presence of a luftwaffe inspector, so, a luft inspector couldn't .. inspect a heer dolch (and never seen heer dolche with a waffenamt). also, consider this dagger has generic fittings and not smf manifacture.
                        I agree

Comment

Definitely seems like someone swapped out a Luft blade on Heer dagger fittings.

Comment

Billy:

It is pretty easy to swap these two, almost as easy as simply swapping blades around... one of the disadvantages to the manufacturers making the Luft2 and the Heer blades the same.

Sometimes the fit gives it away.

I wouldn't necessarily turn away from a dagger with mismatched fittings.. some manufacturers would sell their fittings to everyone (WKC for example). But, this is definitely a 'parts dagger', actually more like a Frankenstein parts dagger.

John

Comment

I agree that this is a parts dagger.

Regards,
                              Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X