NPEA dagger Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPEA dagger Help needed

This one was with the army, but this one I do not have a best feeling about it.
    So any help would be appreciated.

thank you

regards Rajko
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

napola

hello pleased look the ball at the extremity of the sheath if BRASS this is sure a fake, with your photos i have not a good feeling on this napola!
          best regards
          patrick

Comment

Any more opinions about this one?

Comment

My question concerns the cutout for the blade on the lower crossguard. I see it on occasion but nobody that I have read talks about it. I have seen it on early daggers and late ones.The slot would almost have to be placed in the guard when it was cast. These daggers are scary yours does not look too bad to me. Checking the ball with a magnet is a good start.

Comment

Looks dodgy to me, the crossgraining is very pronounced which is a red flag for the early fakes. Simply check if the ball is brass as already mentioned by Tranchant and if there is a number stamped under the scabbard lug, the first step with these...

Red

Comment

I would also see if there is any tang markings. From the pictures, I don't get a good feeling either.

Comment

Thank you guys. On the monday I will go there again, and I will check the dagger for those things.

Regards Rajko

Comment

For lack of a better word. The ball at the end of the scabbard looks a little stubby. It lacks a complete circle look to it.

Comment

Npea

Many problems with this dagger. Scabbard paint is not correct and the ball is wrong. Does it have the Horster number under the frog stud (H753)? TM on the blade does not look correct, especially with this style long TM .
                        Tang markings would be important.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X