Army dagger etched help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army dagger etched help needed!

I found this one yesterday, but I never had one so I need some help. Is this a good one or bad? The house was so dark so I had to use flash and I could not take it outside to get a better pics. So I hope this is enough.

Thank you

regards Rajko
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

engraved heer

hello
        sory but for me this is a fake !some little blemish on the gravure, never see on original daggers!
        best regards
        patrick

Comment

That one doesn't do it for me.

Comment

I agree, the blade does not look good but whoever put this piece together knew something about army daggers. It is married with the 1st E-PACK crossguard and the correct corresponding early makers mark to the blade. I would be interested to see the whole dagger to see if somebody has ruined an otherwise good early Pack dagger for the sake of a few extra dollars.

Comment

It's an early fake blade. This EP&S maker mark was never used on Army daggers, that particular style was applied to political blades like SA and SS.

Red

Comment

Thank you guys

Comment

There are a few makers that are red flags for faked etched Army blades.
                  Pack and Clemen & Jung are two that come to mind immediately. Even if you ever do find a real one it will be nearly unmarketable.
                  www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
                    It's an early fake blade. This EP&S maker mark was never used on Army daggers, that particular style was applied to political blades like SA and SS.

Red
                    Exactly. That's the one to look for
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gary MJ & 777 Pack did have an early maker mark they used on army daggers I have attached a pic of one of mine. Agreed that this blade is bad even without the fake pack mark just look at the quality of the etch.

Comment

Thanks for the pic, yep, that's the early mark, but not the same as the SA/SS style logo with the curved lettering above and below the symbol, I have never seen that used on an Army dagger.

Red

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
                          Thanks for the pic, yep, that's the early mark, but not the same as the SA/SS style logo with the curved lettering above and below the symbol, I have never seen that used on an Army dagger.

Red
                          Gary agreed just wanted to show what the early mark does look like

Comment

And it says "Pack" in both early and late, not just "E.P. & S."

Comment

I never had an original in my hand so I knew I had to check here first before I bought it. I also knew that the fittings are good for E.Pack but I was not sure about the etch.

Thank you guys I learned a lot today.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X