SA dagger, Emil Voos Solingen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger, Emil Voos Solingen

Please have a look on this SA dagger. I think it´s without any doubt original but there are some questions to the experts:

1. the grip fits perfect between the crossguards. Only on one site there is a bigger place between crossguard and grip?

2. the painting of the scabbard looks not repainted to me. But you can see black paint under the brown paint. Perhaps it is an overpainted nskk scabbard?

Thanks for your opinion
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by casey76 View Post
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I am still a bit new to daggers. Keeping that in mind take what I say with some salt.

The gaps in the grip bother me. It may be good but the gaps cast doubt in my mind.

Comment

It looks as if the crossguard is the wrong way round.The Gau mark is on the obverse side of the blade and grip. It might be a contributing facter re the grip fit.

Comment

Is this late RZM scabbard? I've seen more than once a black colour under factory brown paint on RZM scabbards. Probably it's some sort of primer.
                  Gaps like those happen because of wood shrinkage. What bothers me here is a little bit different angle of wood and crossguard in the gap area. They should be paralell. Maybe it's because someone disassembled the dagger and put the lower crossguard the wrong way.

Comment

you are absolutely right.someone disassembled the dagger and put the lower crossguard the wrong way. Now I have put it again into the right way and now the gaps between crossguard and wood are paralell.

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                    Is this late RZM scabbard? I've seen more than once a black colour under factory brown paint on RZM scabbards. Probably it's some sort of primer.
                    Gaps like those happen because of wood shrinkage. What bothers me here is a little bit different angle of wood and crossguard in the gap area. They should be paralell. Maybe it's because someone disassembled the dagger and put the lower crossguard the wrong way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

No doubts this scabbard don't belongs to this dagger, the fitting between scabbard and crossguard is very poor, may be is this a late RZM scabbard as 777 sad. I don't like crossguard/grip fitting too.

Comment

Looks like a parts dagger to me, the grip is not typical early Voos, combined with the later poor fitting scabbard. The black primer is often seen on RZM SMF daggers.

Red

Comment

Besides, SA Gruppe Bayr. Ostmark that BO stands for , is not recognized as the SA Group equipped with Voos daggers. It wouldn't be a problem in case of a faultless dagger, but here ... just too many question marks.

Comment

I would not buy this SA dagger.There are many ,much nicer ,original examples available.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk View Post
                              I would not buy this SA dagger.There are many ,much nicer ,original examples available.
                              i totally with agree kirk, 777, Red, R.R.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X