Polish WZ24 (slightly tinkered)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish WZ24 (slightly tinkered)

I bought this hoping the totenkopf would be good (it isn't), but anyway, it seems the bayonet itself is somewhat uncommon.

This appears to be a Polish Army bayo, Perkun manufacture. Can anyone tell me why the frog appears to be dated 1943 (cartouche w/ "ett 1943" on the rear), given the Polish Army was dissolved? Is it a German reissue?
    Attached Files

There is little strange the serial number on crossguard, the piece should be serialed on ricasso as there is the first 3 digits, the digits on crossguard were probably added later, same as the 150 on backside of frog looks little strange, the scabbard has a reworked forg stud? doesnt look like a polish is there any stamps or serial numbers, best regards,Andy

Comment

What's REALLY funny is that someone paid you $550.00+ for that thing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Polish-WZ24...item3cb2f05e46

Comment

Originally posted by Uberman View Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Polish-WZ24...item3cb2f05e46
        That is crazy. even he said that the skull is post war. I would understand if the skull was good that would make more sense.

Comment

i have the same bayonet ,will be glad to get 300$

Comment

An item is worth what someone is willing to pay, but why post an item 12 days after it sold?

Comment

Originally posted by Uberman View Post

Could be a couple things. For one, people spend at a premium for unique items during the Holiday Season; I'm not sure if it's that they MUST have that item for Dad, or if they've just already spent so much on everyone else that they can't stop the momentum. Also, dedicated collectors will sometimes spend quite a bit more for an example that is just slightly flashier than an ordinary example, and this bayonet had a bit of flashiness to it even if the flashiness was post-war.

Sometimes you win, sometimes not. But it is pretty funny to me that I was kicking myself in the ass for wasting my money on a fake totenkopf, having not even bothered to remove the bayonet from the scabbard...and it turns out the bayonet alone did me quite nicely.
              Last edited by Mr. Scratch; 12-17-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                An item is worth what someone is willing to pay, but why post an item 12 days after it sold?
                12 days after it sold?

Unless I'm misreading this the sale ended on December 5 but the thread was started Nov 28th.

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
                  12 days after it sold?

Unless I'm misreading this the sale ended on December 5 but the thread was started Nov 28th.

Stu
                  That's because Mr. Scratch is the seller, so he had it before the auction ended

My first 'german' bayo was a polish one, Spanish Civil War import.

Carles

Comment

Originally posted by me6_130 View Post
                    That's because Mr. Scratch is the seller, so he had it before the auction ended

My first 'german' bayo was a polish one, Spanish Civil War import.

Carles

I'm aware of that. My comment was with regards to klr's post.

Stu

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X