Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic HJ dagger

Hi everyone,

I don't collect daggers really, I just came across this and having never seen one before wondered if it was the real deal. I did a search on the forum but there doesn't seem to be a general consensus if they are pre 45. There are a couple for sale on dealer’s sites I have found, but hey that means nothing right. It’s the only picture I have.

regards Adam

888-2010112105645_large.jpg

some like them most dont, i think they are just fantasy items put together from left over parts to sell as souvenirs

Comment

Originally posted by stuart a. View Post
      some like them most dont, i think they are just fantasy items put together from left over parts to sell as souvenirs
      Hi Stu,

Thanks for the response, every one I have seen seems to be mint aswell.

Cheers Adam

Comment

this is a touchy subject i guess. Like Stu I have heard people firmly believe that they are pre45 made. To me it would make sense that they were offered before 45 since the olympics were in August of 1936, but then again it doesnt mean much. However, I personally have seen 2 variations of these.....one that doesnt have wooden grips. I have even seen one with a silver/chrome colored scabbard which was reproduction IMO even tho it didnt have the "lip". Like you said, I have seen a couple dealers offering these. Just not my cup of tea
        Last edited by 12thPanzer; 11-07-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Some dealers have made a lot of money selling postwar and/or postwar modified junk. With the "Olympic" knives with stag grips, and an HJ emblem, along with a few other attributes IMO being right at the top of the list. Or maybe somewhere in the midddle, if you put some of the high ticket items into the equation in terms of total dollars lost. FP

Comment

Imo a fantasy HJ dagger.

Comment

money making nonsense

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X