Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAD officer

Hello friends!
    What opinions on originality of this subject at you?
    With best regards Anton
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

more
            Attached Files

Comment

and more
              Attached Files

Comment

and more
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

end
                    Attached Files

Comment

There's something about the blade that I don't like, maker mark looks off, the blood groove seems inconsistent as does the motto. The hilt looks well detailed & period. I'm interested in seeing what some others think but IMHO the blade might have questions.

Comment

I agree, there is something I don't like about the blade, the stamped logo being the No.1 thing. All RAD officers daggers I've ever seen had acid etched logos.

Comment

Thanks, too this edge not seemed to me original

Comment

I've seen this stamped Krebs varient logo. To me it's original pre-45 manufacture. That blade is indeed a 'varient' but everything about the dagger shows it to be period made. It's not 'textbook' so it maybe a harder resell later.

Here is one in my stash but it's on a 'Fat Man' hewer.
                            Some will say these are post-war but those of us who seen them come from veteran sources think different.

-wagner-

Comment

Wags,

That's a new one for me, never seen that logo before & I'm glad you brought it to my attention. It's always good to keep learning I do dig those "fat man" hewers, not sure myself if they're period but I'd like to think so.

Aside from the logo on the blade in question, what do you think of it's motto? Doesn't look acid etched to me at all. Maybe photo etched, maybe something else but it looks as if the letters are flush with the rest of the blade.

That edge is interesting too but I suppose it could have been humped up by a goober trying to sharpen it or some such nonesense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X