No announcement yet.

SS Dagger...Boker!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very usual Boker. although are present known Boker features, the trademark is of a Non-Rohm dedicated dagger but features a bench stamp I have not seen on any Boker.
    But nobody has seen everything....and nobody ever will.

I like it.

-wagner-

Comment

Hey Guys
      Thanks for clearing that up for us i for some reason thought the numbers were stamped on Eickhorns in order of which came out of the factory first ie 1 being early and 10 being later, Kind of makes sence that each inspector had their own number to stamp on the guard so that if the dagger passed the test by the inspector but later was found to be not upto standard then the number would tell who passed it and then maybe the inspector would be in for a stern talking too.

Regards Adam

Comment

Thanks guys, i couldn't find anything in Wittmann's SS Book regarding a benchmark on Bokers.
        As for taking it apart, i have never taken apart any dagger, so taking this one apart, i just can't do it.
        Regards,
        Gary

Comment

Is it possible that this dagger was taken to the Eickhorn firm, and had some work done to it, and was stamped with the controllers number?
          Maybe the re-stamping of the district?
          Regards,
          Gary
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, neat dagger, I have handled many Bokers and never seen a bench marked example before. Boker mostly used PA fittings....

Comment

Wow, neat dagger, I have handled many Bokers and never seen a bench marked example before. Boker mostly used PA fittings....

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Von Rader View Post
                I have observed something totally different. All Bökers I've handled were equipped with "B x"or "H" marked crossguards, the same markings as the ones mentioned by Wittmann as typical to Böker. I'm not trying to say PA crossguards were never used, but I don't agree they were mostly used. Well, no big deal, the benchmark is mysterious enough.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X