Can I buy a gravity knife from us to uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I buy a gravity knife from us to uk

I've just bought a paratrooper gravity knife off a guy in the us. I'm in the uk and I have just realised they are on uk banned list of knives. Has any one got any advice or experiences of this, i.e. Had one sent to them from us to the uk.

I sent a gravity knife to the UK earlier this year. The buyer asked me to declare it as a letter opener.
    Sounds kind of underhanded but he received it ok.
    Regards,
    Frank

Comment

Toby, switch blades are illegal to import into the UK along with samuri swords, if it gets pulled & opened by UK Customs your Fecked mate, personally i wouldnt risk it but its your choice?

Comment

Maybe the knife should be dismanteled and send in two different letters ... so it would confirm to german law at least where these knives are also banned since some years if the are complete. Taken apart you have a senseless handle - maybe for a kind of tool (for the Bundeswehr version of this knife you can purchase inserts which are usable for cutting ropes or straps only turning it into a security tool which is legal to own...) - and a short blade for a knife which is also free to own ... but please confirm it for the U.k. before ...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
          Toby, switch blades are illegal to import into the UK along with samuri swords, if it gets pulled & opened by UK Customs your Fecked mate, personally i wouldnt risk it but its your choice?
          Agreed..........classed as a flick knife. Coming from the states, your asking for it to get pulled.
          I once sent a German stick grenade across the pond in 2 packages. The head was classed as a "Candle holder" and the stick, as a candle holder.
          Got there no problems. You can beat the system..........sometimes

Comment

Hi
            Toby having had 2 confiscated by UK customs it's not worth it ?not only do they take them off you but then you get a visit by Pc plod, as there are many already in the uk why bother ,just to clear up the law as i remember ,i still have the wrap sheet somewhere? they are not illegal to own ,only to sell,buy,manufacture and import ,i bought a mint bunch of carrots from a shop and in the bottom was a wonderful gravity knife
            Merdock

Comment

i thought they were classed as antiques as the same as original samurai swords? That you can sell them as they are historic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat Holloway View Post
                i thought they were classed as antiques as the same as original samurai swords? That you can sell them as they are historic.
                Only legally classed as an antiques if over 100 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie B View Post
                  Only legally classed as an antiques if over 100 years old.
                  send it in parts, just dont label it as a knife. A letter opener had that one myself, doesnt everyone use the nearest k98 bayo, hj knife to open the post?

Even leatherman's are illegal as they all have lock blades.... still get sold everywhere

Comment

Thanks for the responses, in the end the seller thankfully refunded the money. Will have to look in the uk for one!

Comment

Does anyone know where i can buy a quality reproduction FJ gravity knife? From what i have been reading on the forum, there are many fakes around, for once, this is what i am looking for! I dont know enough about them to buy a real one yet. Would even settle for a bundeswehr one.
                      Thanks
                      Last edited by mightymouse; 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X