3 German knives, 1 clueless American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 German knives, 1 clueless American

Hi all. Tonight, I had a client come by with 3 German knives for appraisal. Knives are not my specialty and when I told him so, he said "well I'm sure you know someone who knows something about them." Which brings me to the 3 pics below. Any insight into these including potential value (however nominal) is greatly appreciated. Glad to find this forum by the way!

Knife #1 is a Fireman's bayonette, made by Weyersburg, Kirschbaum and cie.
    Knife #2 is a short dress bayonett, made by the same company.
    Knife #3 is an NSKK dagger, you will have to tell us the maker.
    Appears to have NS fittings so it should have a maker's mark instead of an RZM #. Missing the eagle insert, but including the hanger.
    It is in the sheath the wrong way, BTW.

Comment

Rzm

Thanks, rbminis. Here's a pic of the RZM on the NSKK. How do I know which way the dagger goes in? Both sides of the sheath look the same.

Oh yeah, any rough idea as to value? Trying to give this guy a ballpark. Thanks again.

Comment

Firemans retail 150
        Dress bay retail 120
        NSKK rzm with no eagle 250-300 Maybe little bit more
        This prices are IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Kyphote View Post
          How do I know which way the dagger goes in? Both sides of the sheath look the same.
          Just wandered into this forum, but I'll bet from the side the hangar's on....

So when it's worn w/uniform, the eagle/SA insignia face outward, not inward.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Yes, it is worn on the left side with the eagle insignia facing outword.
            So if you lay the dagger down with the eagle facing up, the hanger is on
            the right side.

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
            Just wandered into this forum, but I'll bet from the side the hangar's on....

So when it's worn w/uniform, the eagle/SA insignia face outward, not inward.

best
            Hank

Comment

Just want to thank everyone for their help on this. You've provided more than enough history to share with my client. Great forum!

Comment

Although relatively common pieces, they're all nice & certainly desirable considering the condition. If your client is looking to sell any or all, do shoot me an email or private message.

Comment

Selling the below 3 daggers for $500 -- please PM if interested

[/QUOTE]
                  Last edited by Kyphote; 01-23-2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X