Chained SS Display Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chained SS Display Case

Well, I finally bugged Skipper enough that he came up with the case I'd been waiting for. I've always wanted a way to show a few other items along with the dagger and he came through. I've removed the glass to cut down on the glare in the photos, but I'm sure you guys will get the idea. Anyway, I'm a happy camper.
    Attached Files
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

And the reverse.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello
      These are nice cases, but I would be concerned with wood touching the metal. There is always the risk of moisture in the wood and that wood damage the area of the metal parts. If the case could be modified to have a clear piece of plexiglas to subistute for the wooden piece to hold the piecs, I think that wood be better and it would also give a clear unobstructed view of the blade.
      Please do not misinterpret this as putting the case down, it just would be my preference. Ron

Comment

Very nice Larry Lipps.
        Thanks for sharing pics of your M 36 .

I love the SS daggers

LH

Comment

Nice display case

Comment

Very nice Larry. A nice, classy way to display your M36. Good job Skip

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should point out, to soothe the concerns of the purists, that the wood does not touch the dagger at all. The wood where the blade and scabbard pass through is lacquered, then felt lined. I've found that humidity controlled storage does a better job of preservation than worrying about using exotic materials in case construction.

Comment

I guess it is more of a personal preference then. For me, eliminating any chance of moisture collecting material would take priority. That said, I do have some felt in my dagger drawers but the blades rest on small plexiglas points so they have space between the blade and felt. Also, for the folks reading, I am not complaining about the case or beauty. They are quality furniture grade pieces. As long as you are comfortable with it, is all that counts. Ron
                Originally posted by Larry Lipps View Post
                Thanks for the replies. I guess I should point out, to soothe the concerns of the purists, that the wood does not touch the dagger at all. The wood where the blade and scabbard pass through is lacquered, then felt lined. I've found that humidity controlled storage does a better job of preservation than worrying about using exotic materials in case construction.
                Last edited by tanker; 09-16-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Larry - lovely display and thanks for sharing.
                  Have you thought of a laser engraving or etching at the side just to personalise the display?

Mil

Comment

Lovely Dagger...Careful of wood contacting the Bare metal Blade...Even though its sealed just doesn't seem like a Great long term storage idea.

Comment

Larry, Great looking cases you make.

-wagner-

Comment

You have a wonderful display there! Also a great dagger!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X