CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does a vertical SA dagger hanger fetch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rajko, there is no mistake about not seeing one. I thought the same thing...until this example showed up. We are still all learning.

It's rare only because we have not seen one. First one I have seen.
    But there are rarer hangers than this - one's especially made for horse saddles, motorcycles and who knows what other applications.

Want to see another odd vertical hanger?

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
      rajko, there is no mistake about not seeing one. I thought the same thing...until this example showed up. We are still all learning.

It's rare only because we have not seen one. First one I have seen.
      But there are rarer hangers than this - one's especially made for horse saddles, motorcycles and who knows what other applications.

Want to see another odd vertical hanger?

-wagner-
      Yes, I would like to see another one. I am here to learn.

Comment

Here is a configuration where we can all take a guess.
        I won't show the back on this one.

The dagger is a 'Cross Keyed' Herder w/ numbered crossguard.
        When I bought this one the previous owner owned it for a very short time said the whole back of the dagger was covered with that 'green grunge'.

-wagner-

Comment

Looks like the reused bayonet frog.

Comment

Here is a configuration where we can all take a guess.
            I won't show the back on this one.

The dagger is a 'Cross Keyed' Herder w/ numbered crossguard.
            When I bought this one the previous owner owned it for a very short time said the whole back of the dagger was covered with that 'green grunge'.

-wagner-

Very interesting tread Wags. A lot of valuable info Nice Herder. Dark gip as always on them. I have one to , but not with that type of spesial hangar .
            Are there any markings on the leather hangar ?

Regards LH

Comment

Wags.

have you seen this type before ?

look at the small short hangar on top .

LH

The rest of this dagger and another Aug Bickel are in this tread as well.

Th Wittmann have plan to use this dagger into the new SA book

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=444180
              Last edited by LH 600; 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

LH, Yes, I've seen that type also. Here is a 'black' version on a SA Marine.
                There are no markings on these that I ever found.

That small tab with 'D ring' you show actually is a piece that is attached to a under-the-tunic belt which apparently came loose from the belt.

-wagner-

Comment

Wow my question has turned into one large thread. No worries I was glad to see some pics of real examples. I will get some pics for you all of the vertical hangers I found. 2 of them. One on an RZM Sa dagger and the other on a Early dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Heiser View Post
                    Wow my question has turned into one large thread. No worries I was glad to see some pics of real examples. I will get some pics for you all of the vertical hangers I found. 2 of them. One on an RZM Sa dagger and the other on a Early dagger.
                    Jeremy, I'm sorry, didn't mean to snipe your thread away from you.
                    Yes, best to post the hangers here first for opinions. The usual repro will come with a Assman marked clip. Some will have RZM stamped into the leather.
                    Take close detailed photos and look for 'stain lines' on the edges.

-Just trying to help-

-wagner-

Comment

Jeremy, I'm sorry, didn't mean to snipe your thread away from you.
                      Yes, best to post the hangers here first for opinions. The usual repro will come with a Assman marked clip. Some will have RZM stamped into the leather.
                      Take close detailed photos and look for 'stain lines' on the edges.

-Just trying to help-

-wagner-
                      No dont feel sorry its fine, I am glad you all posted. I have learned a few things, and have seen a few pics. SO thank you!

Comment

Here's an early SA vertical
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rajko84 View Post
                          I agree with Eric their is no RZM SA marked vertical hanger.
                          I totally agree with you, rajko84 and Eric. There is no RZM marked SA hangers and there are several reasons why not IMO.
                          The one shown by wags is laughable and I'm not talking about the crooked M 1

BTW, what the heck is M1 ?

Comment

Really?

Sez who again?

Oh., but lookie here...

Well mates RZM did mark vertical SA hangers. This is the only shot of it but it's the 'money shot'. There is no evidence that this clip came from anywhere else other than this hanger when it was originally assembeled.
                            Hope you enjoy it.

This is so rare that you probably won't see another...unless some guy from CZ land comes up with one next month -

-wagner-

Thats the worst RZM tag/stamp I have ever seen...C'mon guys, show me another RZM that bad on any piece of RZM approved equipment...

Comment

This is the only shot of it but it's the 'money shot'.
                              -wagner-

Just exactly how much money are we talking about here for this 'yet unacknowledged' variant? My best bet -no more then $35

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X