Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web- Koppelschuh fake?

Hello!
    I´ve bought a Web- Koppelschuh but now I think it´s a fake! What´s your meaning?

Greetings!
    Thule

Last edited by UltimaThule; 08-13-2010, 01:51 PM.

No meaning?

Comment

IMO fake !

Comment

Hey Thule or how ever your Real name is. IMO Fake, so please light up the Stitches (Faden) I am sure they will glow like a glow worm (Glühwürmchen)

Andy

Comment

Do I think that it's period German, no. From what I am seeing, I think that it might be more of an early Yugoslavian (?) “clone” than a fake. The problem being that without a “hands on” look, it’s harder to make a more definitive judgement. And they are faking the tropical type frogs. But some legitimate frogs from that general area have surfaced that are close copies, with one example even making it into at least one reference book. And it was only after an examination of an actual specimen (instead of a picture) that it was determined that it wasn't German. Regards, FP
          Last edited by Frogprince; 08-14-2010, 01:07 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

I do not think it is Yugoslavian, they used different type of the catch button on theirs.

Comment

I’m in agreement that it’s certainly not like some of these late(r) Yugoslavian Mauser frogs that we see for sale. But what about in the immediate postwar period? (Romania was my second choice, but they tended to use more of the Vz 24 bayonets with the wider frog stud.) Regards, FP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X