Info please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info please!

Gday all I've just joined up and would like some help, been collecting german ww2 bayonets for a while now and have just started to get into the etched ones. Was wondering if anyone out there could tell me the good and or bad websites to look at, got myself Wayne Techets book which everyone talks about. Any information would be appreciated so i don't blow my hard earned on a dud! Cheers

Welcome. Wayne's book is the first good step to educating yourself on such bayonets. There's scant little in most other references on the good & the bad. Try to go to local militaria shows & handle the real ones, that's the best way to discern period from reproduction. Also, many dealer sites will have an occasional piece that is of a questionable nature. Never assume because a dealer sells something that it's period. They, like everyone, make mistakes. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for that mate, only problem is living in Tasmania the only show and dealers we have dont carry anything worth while in this area so i'm stuck surfing the net!

Comment

OK, in light of that, I'd suggest buying only from a reputable dealer that actually knows etched bayonets. Not all do At least until you get the hang of it yourself in terms of what to look for & what red flags to avoid. If someone's offering one on the estand, ask questions. The learning can be tedious but quite fun at times too. It's also a necessity because jumping on stuff that "looks good" can cost you a lot of money.

Comment

Try germandaggers.com, they have a special bayonet oriented section there.

Comment

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...oard=42&page=1

Comment

Thanks for that I'll check it out!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X