aluminum luft dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aluminum luft dagger

recent addition to my collection , ideas or opinions would be appreciated,thanks
    IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

luft dagger

more photos
    IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Comment

last photos

[ATTACH]1586689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1586690[/ATTACH]

Comment

m

thats a nice ! but it might not be original!? i am sorry i had to re word what i said as i looked and it did not look nice what i said. .
        Last edited by pammy; 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Indeed a repro - at least the blade anyway. I think I may have owned that very dagger 20 years ago. It has the thin, elongated hole in the base of the top aluminum fitting.
          Last edited by Scott C.; 08-11-2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Nice and shiny, good for magpies, crap for original dagger collectors.

Comment

n

got to say its scary if you changed the blade and put it in the ground for a wail..boy ,thats scary whats out there,lllmk

Comment

Joerg,

I agree with all that's been said thus far. If you can, return it.

Comment

aluminum dagger

Thank you to everyone for the feed back .It was not my intent to post a shiny repo to impress the collecting community , I have had this one for quite sometime but I was not sure about it even though I saw from the seller documentation of the Vets name and item he returned .I did see another SA dagger from a dealer with the similar fur eriinnnerung an meine dienstzeit in same black print for a rather large amount of money so I thought this one should be a good one in my early collecting days .I will need to redeem myself and post a more suitable original dagger for this community but I needed to ask about this one .Once again thank you to everyone who replied .

Comment

Sorry I cannot comment on the originality of the piece, but if it is indeed post war then it shows how good the fakers are getting, very crisp etch which is usually the area that shows up fakes.

I would appreciate how those who know of such things as to the details that show this up as a fake, what are the red flags here?

Thanks

Nolan

Comment

Here's one, always heavily scrutinize etched blades with the Plumacher mark. Many Heer & Luft blades with this maker mark were faked postwar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X